A few tips for sharing club talks:
1. Never be the hero in your own story. Our high school friends do not need to hear about our amazing accolades. They should hear the moments when we have fallen short and clung to the mercy, love, and grace of Jesus.
2. Time of Possession: Club talks are about Jesus Christ. During this time we are called to elevate Christ.
3. Make sure you personally identify with the passage of scripture you are going to share. If you cannot identify with Judas betraying Jesus, then move on. Set yourself up for success!
4. Earn the right to be heard. Spend time on campus. Take students to lunch. Show up for their games. After we earn the right to be heard, students will give you the freedom to speak truth into their lives.
5. Know your facts! Remember a student can instantly check your facts on Google. We don't want someone in the audience discrediting our talk.
My point: We are given the public opportunity to proudly praise Jesus Christ!